My client, a well-established international travel company is seeking to employ an Assistant Team Manager with at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role to join their dynamic team. The successful candidate will report to the Flights Team Manager who is based in the UK.
About the Company
They are a renowned travel industry heavyweights which offer a wealth of unique services. While their Head Office is in the UK, they have an ever-expanding operation based in Stellenbosch and they are looking for an exceptional talent to join them and to succeed with them and to grow with them.
You’ll want to know about the department that this role is in…
Flights Support are their service smashers, delivering standout service to their partners by phone, email and live chat. They've got a knack for tech too, using their bespoke booking systems, GDS's and internal processes to create, service and ticket bookings efficiently. The department operates between the hours of 8:00am and 7:00pm Monday to Friday and 9:00am to 5:30pm on Saturday & Sunday. The breakdown of your normal hours of work will be by agreement with your manager on a shift basis and you cover one in four Saturday/Sunday on rotation.
Basic salary R 28,700 increasing to R 30,100 per month from 1st January 2023 - Total package: Basic salary plus ‘after 6 pm allowance’, non-contributory pension scheme (6% contribution from the company), 13th-month payment, health insurance, team incentives, discounted gym membership, wellness challenges and potential travel to the UK
Essential Skills/ Knowledge -
(Full knowledge of Amadeus, Previous experience ins a Supervisory role / Management of a team.
Key Skills -
(Commercially astute, Strong customer service ethic, Knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Word, High levels of accuracy and Prioritising and time-management.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org - Click on the "Apply Now" button
- Help assist Team Manager every morning to prioritise workloads.
- Ensure a rota is in place to cover all shift patterns.
- Managing staff absence/lateness for SA office
- Work closely with UK Management to create/drive the Monthly Focus.
- Creating and implementing staff PDP’s and managing performance reviews
- Strive to boost productivity whilst maintaining the high level of staff morale.
- Quality control of emails and calls ensuring service standards are achieved
- Improve processes and efficiencies of Operations department to reduce errors
- Drive and lead process improvements ensuring teams objectives are achieved
- Improve processes and efficiencies of Operations department to reduce write-offs
- Improve call stats by thinking of ways by streamline processes and reduce call volumes
- Take on new projects and processes effectively and efficiently.
- Manage ADM’s and working with the team to reduce them
- Work closely with the systems team to escalate system faults as soon as they happen and work with sales to communicate these to agents if needed
- Deal with escalations from Team and investigate any errors to minimize costs
- Assist with Training / Training Plans & Recording of staff achievements.
- Ensure Training is managed and delivered within the team.
- Communicate effectively with other teams within Tour Operator Partnerships and wider if required
- Communicate effectively as a team – morning buzz – team meetings etc
- Assist with the training of Tour Operators with regards systems
- Monitor service levels and report weekly
Contact Name :Marie-Louise