Cape Town is not only home to pristine beaches and a world-renowned mountain range, she is also home to Africa's leading safari company - Rhino Africa! Driven by our devotion to the glorious people and landscapes of Africa, Rhino Africa connects the world to breathtaking tailor-made luxury safari experiences striving to remain the undisputed authority on African travel. Now we are on the look-out for a Junior Flights Specialist to join our vibrant, multinational team.
Our ideal Junior Flights Specialist will share our passion for travel and all things African. We're seeking an adaptable, client-oriented tourism enthusiast with impeccable attention to detail to carry out the travel booking process, creating an efficient, effective and cost-conscious service. So, if you're an articulate peoples-person that knows travel and industry products (domestic, regional and international) like the palm of your hand and you could navigate the Amadeus Reservation System in your sleep, then this is your chance to fly with the industry leaders!
This role covers a vast range of responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Attending to all client travel requirements, which will include providing expert advice on travel products, as well as catering to client preferences;
- Communicating all information pertaining to client bookings (luggage allowances and travel insurance etc.);
- Confirming reservations on behalf of clients and checking that external supplier confirmations and invoices are correct;
- Making sure that payments are received before issuing documents and issuing air tickets within required ticket time limits;
- Providing clients with comprehensive e-itineraries;
- Keeping clients well-informed of any situations that may affect their travels;
- Cancelling unwanted travel services before departure and following through on refund applications from start to finish;
- Obtaining ad-hoc feedback from clients in order to increase service levels;
- Assisting sales consultants in closing sales.
Market Related Salary
This is what it takes to fly with the Rhino Africa Flight Specialist:
- 2-3 years of experience in corporate & leisure travel;
- A relevant travel & tourism diploma or degree;
- Excellent proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Advanced knowledge of the Amadeus GDS (Selling Platform Connect is a plus);
- The ability to work through clients’ technical issues.
Please note: strict preference will be given to historically disadvantaged South African citizens.
At Rhino Africa, you will:
- Join the fastest growing company in African travel and help us shape the future of our industry;
- Make an impact - for every 7 people we bring to Africa, we create one permanent job in the tourism industry;
- Earn an attractive remuneration package including a competitive base salary, 3% pension fund and 20 days of paid vacation per year;
- Enjoy heavily subsidized coffees and meals from our in-house chefs and baristas;
- Kick back in our incredible, tailor-made HQ in the heart of Cape Town;
- Make the most of exclusive access to our employee online travel portal - Roaming Rhinos. From breathtaking African experiences to getaways at our inspiring locations, you’ll receive up to 90% discount from 80 different partners and suppliers across 7 countries. You'll get to take advantage of rebates on activities, transport and accommodation, including our own Manna Bay, our new Camissa House and Silvan Safari Lodge!
Contact Name :Evelyn