Do you have a bubbly personality? Are you able to sell? Are you a Dreamer?
If so, here is your opportunity to work for one of South Africa’s leading Tour Operators.
POA 16 days leave.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Handling of requests via the online booking platforms, company website, telephone enquiries, corporate &retail agents and referrals
- Inspire potential clients with first-hand knowledge of properties and destinations by proactively engaging with client requests including suggestions on itinerary design, routing, logistics, alternatives, upselling, offering additional information as needed
- Compile attractive costings and tailor-made itineraries that complement individual client expectations and budgets
- Effectively actioning the travel booking process at all levels by following booking procedures set out by the company when booking all properties, vehicles and activities that make up the package.
- Assisting Agent Sales Teams with overflow bookings
- On confirmation complete the file with all the information required (confirmation, receipt of payment, vouchers)
- Ensure that the companies properties are promoted and displayed as best and accurately as possible on all direct sites
- Assist in maintaining the client database
- Build and maintain good relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to facilitate the smooth running of the sales process
- Provide ongoing client support before, during and after travel
- Follow up with clients after their holidays for any feedback
- Report any errors or issues to your line manager immediately on discovery
- Provide proactive support to colleagues in peak or leave times
- Proactive approach towards your personal and departmental target and working together with management to ensure we reach these targets
- Following and adhering to all sales procedures as set out in the operating manuals when booking all properties, vehicles and activities that make up the safari
- Attending all training that is offered and proactively growing your knowledge of the company, our products (as well as that of 3rd Party suppliers) and the countries in which we operate
- Use systems to their maximum potential and play an active role in helping to improve where possible
- Always look for ways to increase sales from your accounts and play an active role in increasing the performance of the sales office.
Skills & Experience Required:
Skills & Experience Advantage:
- Minimum 5 years tour operating sales experience in African travel
- Skilled in designing detailed and individualized quotes for itinerary requests
- Excellent sales & customer service skills and the ability to upsell
- Excellent communication skills (written & telephone), a strong service delivery mind and a strong customer service focus
- Target orientated, and experience of delivering results in a performance oriented and fast paced sales environment
- Ability to find commercial solutions to problems
- Strong administration and organizational skills with great attention to detail with desire for continuous improvement
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work and administration tasks
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Proactive mindset and can-do attitude
- Experience in handling difficult situations (e.g. complaints, last minute requests, changes whilst travelling)
- Experience in and willingness to handle issues outside of office hours when required
- Self-starter & the ability to work independently as well as within a broader team setup
- Energetic and eager to learn.
- Experience and knowledge of African safari & travel industry (Kenya & Tanzania)
- Southern Africa Safari Experience (Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Mozambique)
- Tourplan experience
Conditions and hours of work:
- You will be required to work in the Sandton office from Monday – Friday. You are required to work 9 hours per day including an hour lunch break. The working hours are 08h00 – 17h00 or 08h30 to 17h30
- You will be required to be available afterhours and on weekends (i.e. on standby occasionally) as and when needed. This includes checking online booking platforms for possible last-minute arrivals / bookings (on a rotational basis within the team)
- We operate a 24/7 emergency phone that rotates between consultants for which you take full responsibility according to a roster for 1 week at a time. Overtime may be required during peak periods
- You will be required to travel for work from time to time.
- You will report to the Office Manager
Please note: Only candidates being considered will be contacted.