This is an exciting opportunity for a career driven, outgoing and independent professional who has the ambition to drive business and grow within the CWT environment. You will be required to implement and manage global and national travel services solutions. Serve as the primary contact, provide customer service and build the business relationship between CWT and a designated portfolio of global and national clients providing project management, strategic leadership and direction to retain, expand and develop the travel programme within assigned client portfolio. Provide sustainable cost benefits for the client base, optimise the travel programme, drive the adoption of global CWT tools and retention of contracts by meeting client expectations on agreed deliverables.
As soon as possible
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Programme/Account Manager.
- You might be working as a travel agent or similar today
- Tertiary qualification preferred.
- Knows and understands software packages required to perform own job function (particularly Excel and PowerPoint).
- Service-minded and have empathy
- Strong multi-tasker who works well under pressure
- Strong communication and customer service skills (in person and on phone)
- Business principles and practice.
- Accounting principles/administration.
- Knowledge on travel industry and products.
- Critical thinking, negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Strong influencing skills to enable motivation of direct and indirect teams.
- Must have the ability and maturity to establish and maintain professional customer relationships at all levels (internal and external customers).
- The ability to follow up, establish dates, check progress on business plan and obtain feedback on results (from clients as well as colleagues).
- Initiative to solve problems and generate ideas for improvement (set service standards).
- Integrity to maintain confidentiality (adhere to policies and regulations).
- Have a strong work ethic and enjoy strategic analysis of customer's travel requirements (constant formal feedback).
- Adaptability to adjust approach to match varied behavioral styles.
- Empathy with both clients and colleagues.
- Serve as the client’s liaison to and coordinator of CWT’s experts: strategic, operational, financial communications, IT, global products.
- Develops and maintains multi-level client relationships.
- Coordinates and implements value-based solutions to improve efficiencies, ensure cost effectiveness and enhance satisfaction. Ensures bilateral compliance of the global travel contract where applicable, management of multi-national business travel agreement with clients; monitor scope creep, contract renewal dates, financial triggers etc.
- Ensures regional coordination and consistency of client’s travel programme.
- Value add to key account managed clients.
- Effective people management.
- Success of the account management process (proven cost reduction/control and balance this with customer satisfaction levels)
o Develop, implement & monitor travel policy.
o Develop, implement & monitor service level agreements.
o Travel supplier negotiations.
o Analyse & compile monthly/quarterly/ad hoc reports and make recommendations/implement necessary actions.
o Identify training needs and conduct workshops and travel days.
- Ensure profitability for Carlson Wagonlit Travel, identify incremental business opportunities within existing client portfolio, realising increased value for client and revenue for CWT.
- Optimise booking processes with online tool if appropriate.
- Implement and manage air/hotel programme.
- Incorporate Meetings & Events into managed programme.
- Conduct formal client reviews bi-annually or quarterly, evaluating trends in travel expenditure and processes, consulting with the client on results of data analysis and industry developments to identify process improvements and cost-savings or traveler experience enhancement opportunities.
- Develop a local business plan tied to the client’s objectives and priorities and align to the global business plan where applicable.
Skills & Attitude:
- Need to develop within the travel industry
- Negotiation skills
- Analytical Thinker
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Customer driven
- Attention to detail
- Time Management
- Stress Management
- Negotiation Skills
- Project Management Skills
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
Contact Name :Adrene
Contact Phone:011 628 2300