The main objective of this role is to provide information and booking services to Travel by Investec agents whilst delivering service excellence and positively promoting the Company brand. This is achieved through exceeding the client’s expectations thereby creating long term relationships, fostering mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers and offering customers the best deals most suited to their needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be ready to assist all enquiries with a pleasant demeanour.
- Provide our very valuable clients with quotations to suit their customers’ needs, according to Company standards.
- Prepare and process quotes within time frame set by company (30 minutes for domestic, 1 hour for international )
- Follow up on all quotes within 1 day.
- Build a relationship with the client to ensure repeat business.
- Liaise with key partners such as hotels and airlines regarding bookings and schedules.
- Ensure that the client has been informed of the conditions of travel, in writing, before payment is accepted.
- Create and update client’s booking file including client’s contact details and full details of quote and services offered.
- Collect payment from clients while adhering to Company policy on form of payment and payment procedures.
- Ensure all necessary documentation (itineraries, vouchers etc.) is issued within allocated time.
- Assist with changes to travel arrangements and bookings where necessary.
- Manage and control own queues.
- Assist other consultants when required.
- Check news on computer daily for updated knowledge and changes (TI).
- Ensure technical & product knowledge is updated regularly.
- Update and gain destination & product knowledge through educationals.
- Attend industry workshops regularly.
- General administration.
- Remain flexible to the wider business needs of the company by rendering assistance for ad hoc projects and duties as required.
- Strong sales focus
- GDS competent (preferably Amadeus)
- Computer literate with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- To be fully literate in English (spoken and written), and Afrikaans (spoken) is a recommendation
- Excellent geography, destination and product knowledge is preferable
- Outgoing and approachable with excellent customer service skills
- Must be enthusiastic, friendly, and show initiative
- Minimum one year retail travel consulting experience within a target driven environment
- Passionate about travel and people
- Attention to detail
- Ability to excel under pressure
Submit applications online to:-
CLOSING DATE FOR ALL APPLICATIONS: 31 JANUARY 2019